So I’ve already told you that I’m crazy about Rachel Bilson. That includes her TV-show and one of my guilty pleasures: Hart of Dixie. Every week I’m looking forward to the adventures of doctor Zoe Hart in the little town of Bluebell. The southern charm, the love affairs, the humor: it’s a great television cocktail if you ask me. You learn to love the uptight Lemon Breeland, you get caught up in the George-Wade-Zoe love triangle, and then there’s bestie mayor Lavon Hayes. 40 minutes of pure relaxation.
What I also love about Hart of Dixie, is that it’s a “pretty” show to watch. I like everything visually pleasing, and Hart of Dixie is like a pinterest board come alive on television. You catch Annabeth wearing Anthropologie frocks and spot Zoe in a Proenza Schouler shirtdress, and Lemon wearing a Marni top. Now you really have my attention. Time for some hart of Dixie inspiration! Here’s how to dress like Zoe, Lemon and Annabeth.
Tips for dressing like Zoe Hart:
1. Wear miniskirts and shorts
2. Go for clean lines in your silhouettes. Zoe goes for the occasional print and pop of colour, but her outfits are never frilly.
3. Zoe loves the ankle length trouser + high heels! You can create this look easily by rolling up your boyfriend jeans.
3. Understated designerwear. Zoe chooses a lot of Alexander Wang items, but also designer pieces from brands like Chloe, Dries Van Noten and Proenza Schouler. Pieces that are not too obvious and don’t have big logo’s clad all over them.
4. Go easy on the jewelry. Zoe mostly wears delicate pieces. When she does wear a bigger item, she will wear not much else.
5. Don’t be afraid of leather. In shorts, jackets and skirts!
Tips for dressing like Lemon Breeland:
1. Dress like a Lady. If there is one thing Lemon always is, it’s ladylike!
2.Wear pastels and nude colors.
3. Pay attention to details: Mix textures and pick garments made out of rich materials, with embroideries and lace.
4. Go for some glam, it always adds a little extra. Lemon wears glitter, gold, pearls, embroideries and everything else that shines.
4. Inject some fun into your wardrobe with quirky prints
5. Embrace Classic hollywood! For your make-up: winged eyeliner and the occasional red lip. In your clothing, pick fifties silhouettes: knee length dresses.
Tips for dressing like Annabeth Nass:
1.Play around with color.
2. Don’t shy away from dressing matchy matchy! Annabeth often wears accessories in the same colors as her clothing. It works so well because AB wears a ton of color, this keeps it from getting boring.
3. Go for green, especially if you have Annabeth’s dark hair and fair skin. So pretty!
4. Dress to impress. Annabeth’s outfits are selected with great attention to detail. Sweatpants are definitely not her style.
5. Annabeth often chooses statement jewelry: great necklaces and earrings finish her outfits.
All Pictures: The CW
Oh and PS: Are you team Wade or team George? 😉